What a lovely weekend we had here on the west coast! Really great way of Mother Nature to celebrate the 150 years of Canada with us. Hope you all had an amazing weekend.
The sunshine is beautiful and brings us all hope, joy and relaxation. Here are some tips to protect us from the sun and stay cool as well. These are my go-to things for the summer months.
1. Apply 30-60 spf sunscreen 30 min before going outside. I have these funny brown spots on the left side of my neck and I watch them yearly.
2. I make note of all my spots like a giraffe and check for new ones at the end of the summer.
3. I carry sunscreen spf 30 with me at all times and make sure I re-apply it to my face and neck every 2-3 hours when I’m outdoors or sooner if I’m sweating.
4. I bring a Roche Posay water mist around on walks outdoors. You can carry a little one from the dollar store with water.
5. Love those S’well water bottles. I have one in the car and one I carry around with me. Stay hydrated!
6. I have sunglasses everywhere and make sure they are polarized and uv-400 protected.
7. I love cutting up watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe and strawberries that I keep cool in the fridge.
8. I try to drink fresh water with a fresh half lime or cucumber to freshen up.
9. This is the best time of the year to go to the beach for a little run or in the park on the grass since it’s more kind to my knees. I also love trying stand-up paddle board or yoga on a paddle board. What’s your favorite activity?
10. I eat more spicy food in the summer than any other time of the year.
Enjoy the summer beautiful people!
Thanks for reading!